The monthly DPDB meeting Mokokchung for the month of June 2022 was held on 8th June 2022 at the Deputy Commissioner Conference hall, Mokokchung under the Chairmanship of MLA & Chairman DPDB Mokokchung, Imkong L Imchen.
1. The house reviewed the standard of BSNL services rendered to the public in the district upon which the chairman regretted that the present status of BSNL management was not found up to its mark. Upon which the house discussed the issue thoroughly on the management and services to the people and expect the department to upgrade its services.
2. After thorough deliberation by the house the translated document of the Nagaland Village Council Act into (Ao dialect) was approved and to prepare commentary a special committee formed by 6 members was nominated.
3. The house also reviewed and discussed on the shifting of NST station from present location to ISBT at Khensa over which the house give its deadline 30th November for shifting to its new location.
4. The house also discussed on the present status of water distribution in the town by PHED over which the house regret on the present pathetic situation of water supply in the town. For this the house resolved to write and request to take up the matter with the right authority.
5. On the agendas after thorough discussion, the house approved the following:
(i). Up-gradation of Government High school Mokokchung Village to Higher Secondary School.
(ii). Application for grant-in- Aid for Green Hill School, Yisemyong Mokokchung.
(iii) The house also approved the schemes under LADP for the year 2022-2023 in request of Mokokchung district.
LADP (Normal) – 837.50 lakhs (10 Constituency)
Common Pool – 150 lakhs.
Iconic project – 500 lakhs. (10 Constituency)
Total – 1487.50 lakhs.
These were approved and recommended for further approval by the state planning board.
(iv). Presentation on up-gradation of Information & Publicity Cell at Fazl Ali College Mokokchung and sponsorship for World Music Day 2022 event at Mokokchung put up by Director Blends in Events Mokokchung were also examined over which the chairman assured the house to look into the matter.