The Addl. Deputy Commissioner and Administrator, Mokokchung Municipal Council, Chumlamo Humtsoe, has informed that the Inter-Ward Christmas Cake Race, which is a yearly event in Mokokchung Town, will be held on December 24th from 7:00 a.m. onwards at Main Police Point.
The organiser (MMC) has requested that all the wards under its jurisdiction actively participate in the cake race in a spirit of joy and peace.
Guidelines for the Inter-Ward Christmas Cake Race are as follows:
1. The race is open only to bona fide residents of the respective wards of Mokokchung Municipality.
2. Every participating team shall consist of 2 girls and 9 boys, i.e., 11 runners. Point 1 and 2 runners shall be female participants only.
3. A name list of the participants, duly signed by the ward authority, in the format provided must be submitted latest by December 20, 2022, to the Senior Inspector, MMC.
4. All the participants are to report to the main police station by 6:30 a.m.
5. Military and uniformed personnel shall be barred from participating in the race.
6. Crossing of lanes by the receiving partners (wherever marked or specified) and throwing of batons will be disqualified.
7. Chest Nos. shall be determined by draw of lots.
8. Certificates with cakes shall be awarded to all the winners (i.e., 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) and cakes to all the participating teams as consolation prizes.
9. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the organiser shall be final.
10. For any queries, contact the following people:
Burnungsang, Sr. Inspector, MMC. 9362874247.
Moasunep, Enforcement Inspector, MMC, 9366042369.