Under the chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner and District Election Officer Mokokchung, Shashank Pratap Singh, IAS, has constituted a committee in the district to ensure the observation of the Model Code of Conduct and smooth conduct of the general election to the 14th Nagaland Legislative Assembly in 2023. The District Level Standing Committee comprises the following members:
- Deputy Commissioner & District Election Officer,Mkg — Chairman.
- Mkg, Superintendent of Police — Member
- EAC Ongpangkong — Member.
- DPRO, Mokokchung — Member.
- President/Secretary/Representative of All Political Parties—Member
- Asst. Election Officer, Mkg. — Member.
The first meeting of the committee was held on January 20, 2023, in the Deputy Commissioner’s conference hall, which was attended by all the members. During the meeting, the Deputy Commissioner briefed the members on the Model Code of Conduct during the election to the 14th Nagaland Legislative Assembly 2023, which will come into force with immediate effect. S.P. Mkg. also supplemented on the topic. In the meeting, the list of expenditure head wise approved note to be followed by the candidate during election was also distributed.